Great value, colour energy monitor to help you control your energy consumption.
- Which? Best Buy Award for best energy monitor
- Easy to self-install, easy to use (not designed for homes with solar PV installed)
- Colour display for great visibility and style
- Keep track of energy use against budget
- See energy cost in ££, CO2 or kWh
- Live data plus historical record for comparison
- Includes 1 CT-Clip sensor* for single phase electricity meters
- Shows room temperature on display
- Supports up to 3 electricity tariffs and daily standing charge; works with Economy 7 tariffs
- Stores up to 1 month of usage history
*The CT clip measures current and although pretty accurate all CT have a degree of inaccuracy.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not compatible with the WIFI module
How to connect a CT sensor
The CT simply clips to one of the cables that goes in our out of your electricity meter.
Open the side of the clip using the tab, wrap it around one of ‘live’ main cables to the meter and then snap it closed. The ‘live’ cables are usually marked with an ‘L’ and brown in colour. If connected to one of the other cables ‘neutral’ or ‘N’, the readings might be inaccurate or not report anything at all.
You should hear a click when the CT has been closed securely.
Connecting the sensor to the transmitter
Once you have attached the sensor to the meter (step 1), you need to connect the end of the lead to the transmitter.
Simply connect the connector to any of the holes on the bottom of the sensor.
Now remove the back of the transmitter by pressing the button on the back and sliding the cover upwards. Remove the pullout battery tab and then replace the transmitter cover.
Checking the display
Immediately after the transmitter battery tab has been removed it will start to transmit energy information to your energy display.
The display will flash the upper part of the screen until it receives a signal from the transmitter to show that it is in the progress of connecting. Once you see the dial on the display, everything is connected and working!